Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Divine Children: A Portrait of the Family Pet -- The FINISHED pieces!

"Simon Says"
"Felix the Brat"
"Bailey's Birthday"
"Sydney the Jerk"
"Romeo, Romeo"
"The Fanatic"
"BoBo the Clown"
"Ms. Boop"

Monday, April 20, 2009

Divine Children: Felix the Brat, finished.

So...which one. Saturated kitty on teal? Saturated on blue? Or the original? (I'm thinking teal... might work better with the other colors when I hang my whole show up...) Unfortunately the saturated ones don't look particularly saturated when I upload them here... bah!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Divine Children: Felix the Brat.

I played around with colors in this one... the background WAS a very cobalty blue... but I think I MIGHT like this more. Not sure yet.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Divine Children: Some New, Some Finished.

Introducing Simon, my hate-filled fish and a couple old guys with new text!
The colors got super dulled on Simon.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Divine Children: Creepy Uncle Curly.

A weirdo portrait of Charles. Yes, I love him.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Divine Children: Gizmo

Inspired by my own persian, Gizmo.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Divine Children: Roy.

And here is my rat, Roy (RIP). Do I really need to mention what medium?

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Divine Children, Again.

Another addition to the group: Betty Boop. (Also including good scans of the others - Bailey's Birthday, Sydney the Jerk, and a Cockatoo I will call BoBo.) All gouache, of course.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Divine Children: Senior Project Hopefuls.

Here are some excerpts from my Senior Project (yup, this is the big one) called "Divine Children: A Look at the Family Pet." Not sure how I feel about them yet, but I'm gonna keep making'em and see who makes the cut in the end.

I'll talk more about the project later. GOUACHE!

Monday, February 2, 2009

My First Monotypes!

Currently, I am taking an asynchronous online class called Collaborative Printmaking: A Press-Free Approach.

Basically, we'll be making prints, sending them to each other, and then doing things to the ones we receive from our classmates.

We were supposed to try making monotypes and post'em and describe our process, questions, trials, and tribulations.

Here are mine! (made using double sided matte duralar, watercolours, domestic etch proofing paper, and a drawing underneath).

The first one turned out too light. I figured the paper wasn't wet enough. But when I used more saturated paper the second time, it was TOO wet, so it turned out splotchy. In the third, I used blotted the paper and rubbed with my baren harder and longer than the first print but not as long or hard as the second. And I think it turned out pretty well!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Monday, January 12, 2009

Red-Eyed Vireo.

Gouache. Bad scan. And the colors are super bad once uploaded here.


Gouache. Bad scan. And the colors are super bad once uploaded here.